Do you know you can replace the cream of tar tar with lemon juice in making a home made play dough? So you can buy all ingredients at any supermarket in your neighborhood!
*This recipe uses hot water. It’s not suitable to make with your little one*
- 1 cup (200ml measuring cup) flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3/4 cup (or 150ml ) water
- 3 table spoons of lemon juice
- 1 table spoon of vegetable oil
- food coloring (optional)
- a drop of scent oil (optional)
- Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl
- Mix the water, oil, lemon juice, food coloring and a drop of scent oil in a saucepan and heat until almost boiling
- Remove the saucepan from stove and add the flour mixture
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough. Heat in the pan will cook the dough slowly. You will see the dough becomes some more translucent.
- Leave the dough on a cooking sheet to cool down. Sometimes flip the dough over to prevent from getting dried.
- After it’s cooled, knead the dough until it becomes smooth.
- You can play immediately or store it in a ziploc.