2017 is the year in which my family moves to a new home in Amsterdam. To hold our sweet memories of the current house my son modeled the house with my husband’s old Lego pieces, which were not stacking well anymore but shame to throw away. We could frame it or glue them together. We’re happy to find the best way to up-cycle our old Lego pieces. Starting with the Lego I’ll be busy up-cycling to fit old stuff in the current house into a new house. Hope I can share many fun ideas on this blog.
Here are some pics of our creativity with the kids around old/new year. Hope you all a creative and fun year 2017!!!
Do you know you can replace the cream of tar tar with lemon juice in making a home made play dough? So you can buy all ingredients at any supermarket in your neighborhood!
*This recipe uses hot water. It’s not suitable to make with your little one*
- 1 cup (200ml measuring cup) flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3/4 cup (or 150ml ) water
- 3 table spoons of lemon juice
- 1 table spoon of vegetable oil
- food coloring (optional)
- a drop of scent oil (optional)
- Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl
- Mix the water, oil, lemon juice, food coloring and a drop of scent oil in a saucepan and heat until almost boiling
- Remove the saucepan from stove and add the flour mixture
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough. Heat in the pan will cook the dough slowly. You will see the dough becomes some more translucent.
- Leave the dough on a cooking sheet to cool down. Sometimes flip the dough over to prevent from getting dried.
- After it’s cooled, knead the dough until it becomes smooth.
- You can play immediately or store it in a ziploc.
I had a great and fun time again at the Festive Craft Extravaganza! This year I prepared a station for making mini candle holders using some play dough, leaves, mini ornaments and mini berries. I also made himmeli with straws to decorate the room. You can see in the album below the candle holders and the himmeli placed in my house. Love the festive feeling!
Together with Simone of Jacaranda tree Montessori Amsterdam, we are having a craft workshop for winter! Kyoko KInder Kunst Klas , Flatto 81 and Hiyoko Imai will prepare fun craft tables. 2nd session is sold out but we have some places left for the 1st session of 9-10:30. Please pay in the link below. Also this time Malicafe is taking pre orders for vegan bento box. Please check it out!
The link to sign up is here
The link to pre-order a bento box is here
We had a fun craft workshop again with Simone, Flatto81 and Hiyoko Imai. To fit our theme ‘Summer Fun’ I prepared summer like craft, wind chimes in Japanese style. Japanese wind chimes “Furin” are typically made of thin glass to give refreshing sound. I chose clear plastic cups to look like glass. I also made wind catchers of summer icons, dyed wood beads and designed own stickers. You can see the resulting works in the photo gallery below.
Thank you very much to Simone from Jacaranda Tree Montessori Amsterdam for organizing such a fun event. Also than you to all who joined our workshop. I hope you have a nice summer holiday with your ‘Furin’.
My tables to make wind chimes “Furin”.
Take a plastic cup and wood beads.
” I did it all by myself! “
Peeling a sticker is fun!
Free craft tables
Fan making table by Hiyoko Imai
Play dough making table by Simone
Building structure making table by Flatto81
Fun goods by Roppongi
Photo booth designed by Hiyoko Imai
I’m collaborating with Simone from Jacaranda Tree for Summer Fun Craft Extravaganza. This year we don’t have the Tanabatakai but you’ll have summer fun with your little one, just like last summer.
We’ll be making;
Wind Chimes/Kyoko Kinder Kunst Klas
Paper Fans/Hiyoko Imai
Play Dough Making/Jacaranda Tree Montessori
also some Japanese refreshments and Japanese goodies;
* One of us will be at each station to help you, but parents should be prepared to participate with your child too.
* Bring an apron or old shirt! You may get dirty.
* All ages are welcome. Older children will be able to work on the crafts more independently; younger children will need more assistance from their parents. Even little ones will enjoy absorbing all the impressions and the parents will get to enjoy the craft projects (also fun!).
Date: Saturday 2 July 2016
Address: Veerstraat 48, top floor
To sign up for the 10:30 – 12:00 session, click here: http://www.jacarandatreemontessori.nl/shop/summer-fun-craft-extravaganza-morning/
To sign up for the 14:30 – 16:00 session, click here:
There is space for 28 children in each session. This event always sells out, so be quick! You are welcome to invite your friends to sign up too.
Make a reindeer table by KKKK
kids at work
Make a xmas tree table by KKKK
kids at work
easy for the kids
trees from the kids
home made playdough with green tea
xmas tree kit
team festive craft extravaganza